IOFS Food Balance Database
Obj #2: Assess and monitor MC food security needs for effective decision making
This Program supports the Governance Enablement pillar of IOFS strategy driving food security/ system intelligence gathering for effective decision making by MCs.
Current & Potential Activities: (These activities are not final and definitive and would be subject to management review and changes)
- OIC Food Balance Database (current): Baseline Food Security data aggregated from global benchmark sources for MC utilization
- OIC Food Security Index: Develop OIC’s own Food Security Index to address distinct benchmarking needs.
- OIC Food Balance Database (expended): Further grow the Database into a cross OIC FS monitoring digital platform
10- Year strategic Goals:
- OIC Food Security Index established as a key benchmark/reference tool
- A cross OIC FS monitoring digital platform adopted by MC for effective
- decision making
Cross-linked IOFS Programs
- Index as KPI/benchmarking component for various IOFS programs