Date of Birth: August 7, 1970
Marital Status: Married, 2 children
MBA in Banking & Finance, University KIMEP – 1995-1997, Almaty.
Postgraduate program MAPOW, St.Gallen University (Certificate with the internship in Credit Suisse) – 1993-1994, Switzerland.
PhD study, Economic Institute of the Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan (08.00.01 – Political Economy) –1992-1993
BCs in History and Political Economy (Diploma with Honors), Al-Farabi Kazakhstan National University –1987-1992, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- September 2019 - currently – Director General, Islamic Organization for Food Security by OIC, Headquarters in Nur-Sultan city, Kazakhstan.
- May 2019 - August 2019 – Acting Director-General, Islamic Organization for Food Security by OIC.
- November 2018 - April 2019 – The Experts Council by the Security Council of Kazakhstan, the Senior Expert on Food Security.
- 2010-2019 – Ministry of Investments and Development of Kazakhstan, Adviser (out of staff) to the Minister (in charge of cooperation with OIC MCs), duties included: JSC KAZNEX INVEST (2010-2016) (Managing Director, Special Representative on Cooperation with IDB), IDB Executive Director in charge of 7 IDB member countries (2011-2014), Acting IDB Governor (for 39th and 41st IDB Annual Meetings (Mozambique/Indonesia), Ministerial Special Envoy for Industrial Goods Exports to OIC MCs, JSC KazGeology, Advisor.
- 2006-2010 – Eurasian Development Bank, the Head of Representative Office in Astana.
- 2005-2006 – JSC State Company Engineering and Technology Transfer Center (ETTC), President.
- 2001-2005 – IDB Group, Field Representative in Kazakhstan.
- 1994-2000 – Consultancy/management positions at local private companies (JSC Alemsystem, JSC EximBank, Swiss-Kazakhstan Economic Development Center Ltd., IMPEX International, ProfitInvest Ltd.)
- 1993-1994 – Administration of Talgar town (Almaty), Assistant to the Governor.
PUBLICATIONS / TEXTBOOKS:
- Articles on Islamic Finance (Business Islamica (No.7, 2010), Global IF Report 2011 (UK), Willey’s World Islamic Finance Handbook 2014 (RedMoney Group, KL), interviews for Thompson Reuters, Bloomberg, and Kazakh mass-media.
- Books: Basics of the Islamic (Ethical) finance, 2010 (published in Russian, Kazakh, and Uzbek), Islamic Finance: theory, practice, regulatory issues, 2016.
PUBLIC ACTIVITIES / AWARDS:
- Chairman of the Association for Islamic Finance Development (2010-2015)
- Head of the Organizing Committee on the Kazakh Islamic Finance Conference (2010-2014).
- Co-chair of the Interministerial Task Force on Drafting and Implementing of the Road Map on Islamic Finance Development till 2020 (2011-2017).
- Advisor on Islamic Finance to the President, International Association of Islamic Business IAIB (Moscow (2018-2019)/Chairman of the Board, IAIB-Kazakhstan (2018-2019).
- Global Islamic Finance Special Prize 2015 (Leadership Role) for the contribution to the development of the global Islamic Finance industry (awarded in Bahrain by GIFA UK Committee) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Islamic_Finance_Awards).
- IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RESOLUTION OF THE CABINET OF MINISTERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN NO. 584 OF JUNE 2, 1994 BY THE DECISION OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL OF THE INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY "RUKHANIYAT" (2011) BAIDAULET YERLAN ALIMZHANOVICH WAS AWARDED THE ACADEMIC TITLE - PROFESSOR
- BY THE DECISION OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL OF THE KAZAKH NATIONAL AGRARIAN UNIVERSITY, PROTOCOL №10 FROM 25.05.2021 BAIDAULET YERLAN ALIMZHANOVICH WAS AWARDED THE TITLE OF HONORARY PROFESSOR
Kazakh, Russian, English, German (fluent), Arabic (primary)