Date of Birth: August 7, 1970
Marital Status: Married, 2 children
MBA in Banking & Finance, University KIMEP – 1995-1997, Almaty.
Postgraduate program MAPOW, St.Gallen University (Certificate with the internship in Credit Suisse) – 1993-1994, Switzerland.
PhD study, Economic Institute of the Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan (08.00.01 – Political Economy) –1992-1993
BCs in History and Political Economy (Diploma with Honors), Al-Farabi Kazakhstan National University –1987-1992, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- September 2019 - currently – Director General, Islamic Organization for Food Security by OIC, Headquarters in Nur-Sultan city, Kazakhstan.
- May 2019 - August 2019 – Acting Director-General, Islamic Organization for Food Security by OIC.
- November 2018 - April 2019 – The Experts Council by the Security Council of Kazakhstan, the Senior Expert on Food Security.
- 2010-2019 – Ministry of Investments and Development of Kazakhstan, Adviser (out of staff) to the Minister (in charge of cooperation with OIC MCs), duties included: JSC KAZNEX INVEST (2010-2016) (Managing Director, Special Representative on Cooperation with IDB), IDB Executive Director in charge of 7 IDB member countries (2011-2014), Acting IDB Governor (for 39th and 41st IDB Annual Meetings (Mozambique/Indonesia), Ministerial Special Envoy for Industrial Goods Exports to OIC MCs, JSC KazGeology, Advisor.
- 2006-2010 – Eurasian Development Bank, the Head of Representative Office in Astana.
- 2005-2006 – JSC State Company Engineering and Technology Transfer Center (ETTC), President.
- 2001-2005 – IDB Group, Field Representative in Kazakhstan.
- 1994-2000 – Consultancy/management positions at local private companies (JSC Alemsystem, JSC EximBank, Swiss-Kazakhstan Economic Development Center Ltd., IMPEX International, ProfitInvest Ltd.)
- 1993-1994 – Administration of Talgar town (Almaty), Assistant to the Governor.
PUBLICATIONS / TEXTBOOKS:
- Articles on Islamic Finance (Business Islamica (No.7, 2010), Global IF Report 2011 (UK), Willey’s World Islamic Finance Handbook 2014 (RedMoney Group, KL), interviews for ThompsonReuters, Bloomberg, and Kazakh mass-media.
- Books: Basics of the Islamic (Ethical) finance, 2010 (published in Russian, Kazakh, and Uzbek), Islamic Finance: theory, practice, regulatory issues, 2016.
PUBLIC ACTIVITIES / AWARDS:
- Chairman of the Association for Islamic Finance Development (2010-2015)
- Head of the Organizing Committee on the Kazakh Islamic Finance Conference (2010-2014).
- Co-chair of the Interministerial Task Force on Drafting and Implementing of the Road Map on Islamic Finance Development till 2020 (2011-2017).
- Advisor on Islamic Finance to the President, International Association of Islamic Business IAIB (Moscow (2018-2019)/Chairman of the Board, IAIB-Kazakhstan (2018-2019).
- Global Islamic Finance Special Prize 2015 (Leadership Role) for the contribution to the development of the global Islamic Finance industry (awarded in Bahrain by GIFA UK Committee) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Islamic_Finance_Awards).
Kazakh, Russian, English, German.